1 Onion Piquet
1 gallon Milk
8 oz. Flour
8 oz. Clarified Butter
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan pour the milk over your onion piquet and bring to a gentle simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. In a separate pot make a white roux with the flour and clarified butter.
3. Remove the onion piquet from the milk, strain if necessary combine the milk with the roux. Stir to avoid lumps.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, add additional seasonings and continue for about 30 minutes.
5. Strain through chinois and cheesecloth.
45 - 60 Minutes
Interesting History & Trivia: