BLITZ PUFF PASTRY
1.5 oz Cake Flour
1.5 oz Bread Flour
2.5 oz Butter, chilled, cubed
1.5 oz Water, cold
1. Sift flours together into a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add chilled butter cubes and toss with flour until coated.
2. Mix water and salt together and incorporate into dough until absorbed.
3. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and allow to rest in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
4. Dump shaggy mass onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a rectangle about 12x30 inches and about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Administer book fold, rotate 90 degrees then roll back out to 12x30 inches and about 1/2 inch thick. Repeat and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
6. Repeat 2 more book folds rotating 90 degrees between rolls.
7. After final fold wrap in plastic and allow to firm under refrigeration for about an hour.
Interesting History & Trivia: