2 # Asparagus
5.5 cups Vegetable Stock
Zest of 1 Orange
TT Kosher Salt/Wh. Pepper
1-2 drops White Vinegar
1. Wash and trim asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
2. Drop in boiling water until fork tender. Drain in and drop in ice water to cease cooking. Drain again.
3. Place about a half pound or so of the asparagus into a food processor with and about a half cup of stock. Blend until smooth then pour into a container or bowl.
4. Repeat process until all asparagus and stock is used.
5. Mix soup and pass through a sieve or chinois.
6. Whisk in zest, juice, kosher salt and white pepper to taste.
7. Drop a couple drop of white vinegar in to brighten.
8. If desired add a few drops sriachi or tabassco to taste.
9. If desired carefully whip in just enough heavy cream.
Interesting History & Trivia: