COCONUT CHICKEN FINGERS
1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, dark
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
2 # Chicken breasts, deboned and cut into desired sized strips
1 Cup Flour
TT Mango Powder (optional)
2# Coconut, shredded
1 Cup Peanut oil
1-2 Cup Pina Colada Sauce
1. Mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar and half of the cream of coconut. Mix in chicken strips and marinate overnight. You can use strips after about 6 hours but for maximum flavor allow 24 hours or so to pass.
2. In 1 bowl season flour to taste with salt and pepper and mango powder if desired (if you do not have time to try this dish before serving then leave out the Mango Powder ... if you have time to try it before serving to impress experiment with the mango powder as it can leave an undesired or very satisfying after taste depending on your pallet and the amount used).
3. Whisk together eggs and the rest of the cream of coconut in a second bowl.
4. In a 3rd bowl place the shredded coconut.
5. Use the 3 bowls to bread the chicken fingers first by lightly coating in the seasoned flour then by dipping in egg mixture and finally by coating in coconut flakes. Repeat if desired ... I personally always like to double bread but it can be a little tricky and messy.
6. Line a plate with paper towels and place chicken strips on plate and into refrigerator for 30-60 minutes time permitting. If you don’t have time it’s ok, move on to next step.
7. In an appropriately sized skillet heat just enough of the oil to coat the bottom of then pan to 1/4-1/2 inch.
Interesting History & Trivia: