1 # Vanilla Wafer Crumbs, Graham Crack Crumbs, Gingersnap Crumbs, Chocolate Crumbs or even slightly stale cake crumbs and scraps.
8 oz. Sugar (vanilla sugar if you have any in the pantry)
8 oz. Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Evenly mix the sugar and bread crumbs then stir in melted butter until all crumbs are evenly moist and blended.
3. Spread about 6 ounces of the mixture in each pie pan and press another pie pan on top to pack and spread evenly.
4. Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven.
5. Make sure to cool to at least room temp. before filling.
Interesting History & Trivia: