8 oz. Eggs
4 oz. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1.25 pt. 1/2 milk and 1/2 heavy cream
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
NOTE: For finer flavor split vanilla bean and scrape seeds. Use at least 1/2 the seeds from the bean if not just all of them.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Without whipping air into the mixture combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
3. Stir in milk and slowly pour custard into preped pie shells. Garnish lightly with nutmeg.
4. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven then turn the oven down to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking until set ... apx. 20-30 minutes more.
5. To know for sure it is set insert a tooth pick in the middle, if it comes out clean its done.
Interesting History & Trivia: