2 # Potatoes, mealy
2 oz. Butter
1 Tbsp. Clarified Butter
1. Peel potatoes and cut them into 4 quarters. Boil them in salted water until tender. Drain and immediately dump onto baking sheet so they can evaporate.
2. While they are still warm press potatoes through a grinder, food mill, a grinder or something else to puree.
3. Mix in butter, S/P and nutmeg to taste.
4. Mix in the eggs and yolks blending well.
5. Fill piping bag fitted with large star tip with potato egg mixture and pipe spiraled towers onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Brush spiraled towers with clarified butter and bake in an oven preheated to 375 F. until golden brown...about 8-10 minutes.
9. Get last bit with index finger (variation: index and middle finger).
10. Lick off of finger(s).
Interesting History & Trivia: