1 Oz. Cheese (optional, whatever cheese you love)
TT Additional Seasoning
Enough Olive Oil (enough to span the surface of the pan, less oil if using a non-stick surface)
1. Shred cheese and set aside. 1 oz. is simply a moderate suggestion ... personally I add way more but I'm from Philly so, there's that.
2. Heat your pan with the olive oil until very hot.
3. Crack egg into pan. It's good to hold a pan at a slight angle so that the egg gathers in the pan more efficiently.
4. Once the egg whites have turned white and seem strong enough, flip with slotted spatula (silicone preferred, never metal) and finished to desired doneness.
5. Remove to plate with slotted spatula allowing excess oil to drip from eggs into pan before placing egg on plate.
6. Garnish with S/P, seasoning and shredded cheese.
CHEESE RECOMMENDATION: Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar or Locatelli are my favorites.
Watch us teach children to fry eggs in this video made in partnership with The Boys & Girls Club of Philadelphia.
5 Minutes or so
AWESOME SHORTCUT & HACK VIDEOS:
-Using a nonstick pan for Fried Eggs ROCKS!
-COVER YOUR PAN! It makes a much better Fried Egg and is much easier to make if you throw on a lid on your pan. If you have no lid, just use a small pan (upside down of course).
Interesting History & Trivia: