ENRICHED PIE PASTRY DOUGH
12 oz. Pastry Flour
2 oz. Sugar
6 oz. Butter
1 oz. Egg Yolk
3 oz. Water, cold
1. Cut butter into cubes and put into bowl. Sift flour and sugar together over butter in bowl.
2. Rub together until uniform and smooth.
3. Beat yolks, water and salt together until uniform and salt is dissolved.
4. Gently mix together with flour until fully absorbed.
5. Place dough in pan and cover with plastic. Allow to rest under refrigeration for at least 4 hours.
6. Remove, cut and scale as needed.
Interesting History & Trivia: