1.75 cups Flour
3 Tbsp. Shortening or lard
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 cup Water, warm
1. Blend the flour, baking powder, salt and shortening with the back of a fork until it is like a coarse meal.
2. Continue mixing while adding water slowly until soft dough forms.
3. Knead for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
4. Separate into 5-10 portions depending on desired size.
5. Roll the portions out to about an 1/8 of an inch thick and place on heated skillet to brown lightly on both sides.
Interesting History & Trivia: