FRESH PASTA #2
2.5 cups Durum Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1.5 Tbsp Water
1. Place flour, salt, eggs and 1 Tbsp. of water into bowl of food processor. Whiz for about 10-20 seconds until dough is crumbly but formable. If too dry add a tiny bit of water, about a tsp at a time to render at desired consistency.
2. Form dough into ball and knead for about a minute on a lightly floured cutting board or counter top.
3. Place dough ball into dish and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove and cut into quarters. Square off into a rectangle strip and run through thickest setting of pasta roller. Fold in half length wise and roll through again.
5. Fold and half lengthwise and roll through next thinner setting.
6. Fold in half lengthwise and roll through next thinner setting. Repeat until desired thickness is reached then run through desired pasta cut.
7. Toss cut pasta with semolina flour lightly to coat and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
Interesting History & Trivia: