6 Eggs, large
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2/3 cup Flour
1/3 cup Cake flour (or just 1 cup of regular flour)
6 Tbsp. Sweet Butter
1. Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in mixing bowl.
2. Remove bowl from mixer and stir over boiling water or flame so mic becomes just barely luke warm...about 30 seconds over open flame depending on size of flame, mixing bowl and how far away you hold it.
3. Move back to mixer and beat on medium high for about 10 minutes or so ... it will be at the thick ribbon stage, pale yellow and about tripled in volume.
4. Sift flour in while folding with a rubber spatula.
5. Add melted butter while folding with rubber spatula.
6. Rub butter wrapper or spray nonstick spray on inside of cake pan and fill about 3/4ths of the way full.
7. Bake in oven preheatd to 375 F. for 22-25 minutes.
8. Let rest for about five minutes and turn out.
Interesting History & Trivia: