GORGONZOLA BLISS POTATOES
10 Red Bliss Potatoes
2 tsp. Thyme, fresh
2 fl. oz. Olive Oil
8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3 oz. Gorgonzola
1 oz. Bacon, cooked, medium dice
4 oz. Sour Cream
1.5 oz. Walnuts, roughly chopped
3 Tbsp. Chives, minced finely
1. Cut your potatoes in half and scoop them out using a melon baller or small spoon
2. Combine S/P, thyme and oil and mix the potatoes.
3. In an oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit bake the potatoes flat side down for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
4. In a mixer fitted with a paddle or in a bowl with a good wooden spoon soften the cream cheese. Mix in the gorgonzola, bacon, sour cream and walnuts. Mix until uniformly smooth then mix in the the Worcestershire and Tabasco to taste.
5. Using a pastry bag fitted with appropriate tip if available or other clever means if no pastry bag is available, pipe or press chilled mixture into potatoes. Season to toast with salt and pepper and garnish with chives.
Interesting History & Trivia: