3/4 # Skinless boneless chicken
2 tsp. Vegetable Oil
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced thinly
1/4 Cup Chicken Stock or Broth
1 Tbsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Slurry
2 ea. Kiwi, skinned and sliced
Enough Kiwi cut to preference for garnish
1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tsp. Dry Sherry
1 tsp. Cornstarch
1. Cut boneless chicken breast into strips.
2. Combine Soy Sauce, Dry Sherry and 1 tsp. Cornstarch together. Mix uniformly and coat chicken well. Reserve in refrigerator to 30-60 minutes.
3. Heat vegetable oil in wok or appropriate sized saute pan and toss in chicken. Saute over high heat for a minute or two, until chicken is about half to two thirds cooked. Add ginger, garlic and bell pepper strips and continue sauteing until ginger and garlic are aromatic and bell pepper strips begin to become crisp (about 1-2 minutes.)
4. Toss in broth or stock, sugar, salt and black pepper and sesame oil. Toss or mix with wooden spoon. While stirring add half to all of the slurry depending on desired thickness and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes (until chicken is done and sauce is of desired thickness.
5. Remove and garnish with kiwi strips.
Interesting History & Trivia: