7 oz. Baking Flour
4.5 oz. Sweet Butter
1 oz. Water
12 oz. Onions, small dice
2 oz. Heavy Cream
2 oz. Milk
TT S/Wh. P
TT Red Cayenne (if you’d like)
1. Combine all the dough ingredients in a bowl, mix uniformly and roll out into 1/3 inch thickness. Cut and line 2 inch pie tin.
2. Cook onions with a little butter, salt and pepper very slowly and gently until soft.
3. Strain onions and let sit in strainer for a few minutes so they become relatively dry and cool.
4. Mix eggs, heavy cream and milk together well. Add onions and spices to taste.
5. Place filling in pie tins. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 10 minutes until done.
Interesting History & Trivia: