PATE A CHOUX
1 # Water or milk or half and half
8 oz Butter
1 tsp. Salt
10 oz Bread Flour
1 # 4 oz. Eggs
1. In a heavy bottom sauce pan combine liquid, butter and salt and bring mixture to a full and rolling boil.
2. Remove pan from heat and add flour all at once. Stir quickly with wooden spoon.
3. Return pan to moderate heat and stir vigorously until dough begins to pull away from sides of pan.
4. Transfer dough to mixer with paddle and mix on low speed until dough is about 140 degrees.
5. At a medium speed beat in eggs no more than a fourth at a time until absorbed before adding more.
6. Remove and reserve then pipe out and use.
Interesting History & Trivia: