1 # Potatoes, russet
2 fl. oz. Egg Whites
Needed Milk or Soy milk
1. Bake potatoes for about an hour, until a fork pierces them without resistance.
2. With a spoon remove inside from the skins and pass through a food mill or fine mesh sieve by pushing with a rubber spatula.
3. Whip in the egg whites and mix in milk a little at a time until the consistency of batter.
4. Spoon out a thin layer onto a silicone pad if available or you can use a nonstick baking pan if no silicone pad is available.
5. Bake for 3-5 minutes in an oven preheated to 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit. Being careful not to cut sheet pan or silicone pad, score the crisps into desired shape and size and finish baking for additional 2-4 minutes, until golden.
6. Cool on thin wire rack and serve or store in tupperware for up to 2 days.
NOTE: Ideally these should be bake in a convection oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes then 2-3 minutes. Try 325 degrees Fahrenheit if using a conventional oven and if it doesn’t turn out right trying using a higher or lower temp depending on your oven.
Interesting History & Trivia: