2 # Potatoes, mealy
2 oz. Butter
1 Tbsp. Clarified Butter
1. Peel potatoes and cut them into 4 quarters. Boil them in salted water until tender. Drain and immediately dump onto baking sheet so they can evaporate.
2. While they are still warm press potatoes through a grinder, food mill, a grinder or something else to puree.
3. Mix in butter, S/P and nutmeg to taste.
4. Mix in the eggs and yolks blending well.
5. Fill piping bag fitted with large round tip with potato egg mixture and pipe out into mounds. Take back of butter knife or anything else and shape mounds into pyramids.
6. Bread using Standard Breading Procedure and deep fry at 360 F. until golden brown.
7. IF YOU ARE DEEP FRYING IN A LARGE POT AND NOT AN AT HOME DEEP FRYER, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL! MAKE SURE TO KEEP FIRE EXTINGUISHER NEAR BY AND CANDY THERMOMETER TO KEEP OIL AT A STEADY 360 F. IF VEGETABLE OIL BEGINS TO BUBBLE TO TOP OF POT IMMEDIATELY TURN FLAME OFF AND BE READY WITH FIRE EXTINGUISHER JUST IN CASE. BE CAREFUL AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM BUT I NEARLY BLEW MY HOUSE UP ONE TIME LETTING THE OIL ALMOST BUBBLE OVER THE POT INTO THE FLAME.
8. Remove with slotted spoon onto paper towel then to serve.
Interesting History & Trivia: