2# Potatoes, waxy
8 oz. Onions, sliced thinly
4 fl. oz. Butter, clarified
1 Tbsp Thyme, fresh and finely chopped.
1. Bake the potatoes until partially cooked. Remove and let cool.
2. Peel and cut into quarter inch thick slices.
3. Sauté the onions in 2 fl. oz. of the clarified butter till tender but not yet brown then remove to the side.
4. Add other 2 fl. oz. of butter and potatoes to pan. Saute until brown being careful to turn when necessary.
5. Return onions to pan and continue sauteing. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
Interesting History & Trivia: