PRAWN & POTATO PANCAKE
1.5 oz Butter
1 tsp. Paprika, sweet
2 Onions, finely chopped
3 Tomatoes, large, concassee, chopped
6-8 Potatoes, red bliss
4 Eggs, large AA, separate.
1 # Prawns, raw, peeled and cut in half inch pieces
1. Using a pan good for cooking an omelette, saute onions and paprika in butter until tender. Then add tomatoes and season. Continue cooking over medium heat until somewhat uniform... about 5 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
3. Meanwhile or before beat egg yolks until creamy and thick.
4. Beat whites to medium peak.
5. Fold together in a bowl with a rubber spatula.
6. Throw pan back on flame if you’ve had to take it off and throw in prawns. Continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes. Fold in eggs mixing well and continue cooking until lightly set.
Interesting History & Trivia: