RICE PILAF (CLASSICAL)
1 fl. oz. Butter, clarified
1 fl. oz. Olive Oil
3 oz. Onion, fine dice
1 Bay Leaf
1 # Rice, Long grain
1 qt. Chicken Stock
TT S/Wh. Pepper
1. Saute onion with bay leaf until soft but not brown.
2. Add rice and stir while cooking briefly in fat being careful not to brown but to coat entirely.
3. Add boiling stock and season.
4. Cover pot and place in oven preheated to 350 F. for about 20 minutes give or take. Its done when liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
5. Remove bay leaf, transfer to serving dish and fluff with fork. Add pat of butter.
Interesting History & Trivia: