1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
1/2 fl. oz. Water
1 oz. Whole Butter
1.25 oz. Onions, fine dice
6 oz. Arborio Rice
2 fl. oz. White wine, old world
1 oz. Parmesan, grated
2 Tbsp. Rosemary, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. Pine nuts, just barely toasted
TT Salt/White Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute till tender.
2. Add the rice and toss to coat. Do not brown.
3. Add the wine and rosemary and stir with wooden spoon until the wine is absorbed.
4. Add a 3rd of the stock. Stir gently. Allow all the stock to be absorbed then add the next 3rd.
5. Allow to absorb and add the final 3rd. The risotto should be al dente, the texture should be close to that of the toasted pine nuts.
6. Stir in another tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and white pepper to taste and stir in pine nuts.
Interesting History & Trivia: