2 oz. Bacon fat, rendered
1 fl oz. Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 oz. Onion, fine dice
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
1 Bay Leaf
1# Rice, long grain
1 pt. Chicken Stock
1/2 can Tomato, canned, chopped with juice
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
1. Sauté onion, garlic and chili powder and bay leaf in bacon fat until soft and slightly brown.
2. Add rice and saute covering and mixing in fat. Brown just slightly.
3. Add boiling chicken stock and half of a can of chopped tomatoes and juice along with cilantro.
4. Cover and place in oven preheated to 350 F. until fluffy... about 20 minutes give or take.
5. Transfer to serving dish, remove bay leaf and fluff with fork. Serve.
Interesting History & Trivia: