ASPARAGUS & SHITAKE STIRFRY
10 oz Shitake Mushrooms, fresh
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Garlic, Fresh and minced
5 fl. oz. Oyster Sauce
2-3 Drops Sriracha Hot Sauce
TT Salt/Wh. Pepper
1. Wash asparagus and mushroom, pat dry and reserve separately.
2. Trim asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces keeping the head pieces together and stem pieces together but separate from the heads.
3. Rip off stems from caps of mushroom and slice caps in about 1/2 inch strips.
4. Heat Sesame and Vegetable oil in suitable wok over hi heat. You know the oil is ready when you throw a grain of minced garlic in and it dances. Throw the rest of the garlic in and stir fry until the garlic begins to release its flavor and sweat... a few moments should just about do the trick.
5. Add asparagus stalks and stir fry for 30-40 seconds before adding the heads and mushroom caps.
6. Season to taste with oyster sauce, sriracha hot sauce, salt, white pepper and anything else you may desire.
Interesting History & Trivia: