BROCCOLI TOFU STIRFRY
1/3 cup Soy-Ginger Marinade
1 # ToFu, firm
1 bunch Broccoli
1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
1 Tbsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
1 bunch Scallions
1/4 cup Slurry
1. Cut ToFu into 2 inch long strips about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Toss the ToFu with the soy-ginger marinade and reserve for at least an hour if not a day or two.
3. Separate white and green parts of scallions. Trim and slice them.
4. Cut the broccoli florets from the stalk. Peel the stalk and julienne about 1/2 inch squared.
5. Set up an ice bath and gently either steam or boil the broccoli florets. Remove the broccoli florets into ice bath. Once cool drain.
6. Repeat with broccoli juliennes... don’t over cook them, keep the snap.
7. Remove ToFu from marinade and put in bowl. Mix 2-3 Tbsp marinade with the 1/2 cup vegetable stock.
8. Heat large wok or nonstick saute pan over high heat. Get it good and hot and add oil, swirl around. Add ToFu making sure to toss and move around until brown...about 5 minutes give or take.
9. Toss in white scallions, ginger and a dash of salt. Cook for about a minute or 2. Add broccoli and stock with marinade, stir uniformly and continue cooking for another minute or 2.
10. Add just enough slurry (1 Tbsp, 2 Tbsp, 3 Tbsp or whatever you need). Cook until sauce glazes on ToFu and broccoli which happens rather quickly.
11. Sprinkle in green scallions and serve over rice or noodles.
Interesting History & Trivia: