5-6 Mushroom, shitake
2 oz. Broccoli Florets
1 Onion Slice, about an inch
2 fl. oz. Mirin
4 fl. oz. Soy Sauce
2 fl. oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tsp. Wasabi Powder
1 pt. Sparkling Water (cold)
10 oz. Flour
1. Combine ingredients for dipping sauce and set aside.
2. Prepare Tempura Batter and set aside.
3. Blanch and shock broccoli florets. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Prepare frying station either in your home deep fryer or in a large pot with vegetable oil.
ALWAYS KEEP FIRE EXTINGUISHER NEAR BY!
MAKE SURE THERE IS AT LEAST A FEW INCHES BETWEEN TOP OF OIL AND TOP OF POT.
IF YOU BEGIN TO DEEP FRY AND THE OIL BEGINS TO BUBBLE AND RISE TOWARD TOP IMMEDIATELY TURN FLAME OFF, IF OIL BUBBLES OVER INTO FLAME AND CATCHES FIRE BLAST FIRE EXTINGUISHER IMMEDIATELY. TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING KEEP CANDY THERMOMETER HANDY AND MAKE SURE OIL STAYS AT 375 F. OR SO.
5. Drop vegetables in batter to coat and drop in deep fryer or deep fryer station. Fry and batches.
Interesting History & Trivia: