THAI FRIED RICE
4 fl. oz. Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp. Ginger, fresh and grated
3 Tbsp. Garlic, mashed
1.5 pts. Assorted veggies: carrots/mush/peppers medium diced
17 oz. Rice, long grained, cooked and chilled.
6 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 pt. Tomato Concassee
2 Tbsp. Hot Chile Paste
3 fl. oz. Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
TT Cilantro, fresh and chopped
1. Heat oil in wok and saute ginger/garlic and stir fry until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
2. Stir-fry vegetables and and remove from pan.
3. Stir-fry rice until warmed through.
4. Make a well with wooden spoon in rice and pour in eggs. Let the well of eggs sit until mixture is nearly set the mix into rice.
5. Add tomato concassee, garlic, ginger and vegetables along with chili paste, fish sauce and lime juice. Mix well with wooden spoon.
6. Stir fry to a temperature of 165 F..
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Interesting History & Trivia: