1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
6 oz Mushrooms, Shitake finely chopped
11 oz ToFo, firm
2-3 cloves Garlic
3 Tbsp. Basil, fresh and chopped
2 cups Breadcrumbs, wholemeal
1.5 cups Breadcrumbs, wholemeal, kept separate from the first batch
1 Egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (reduced is better but than use half the amount.)
2 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
As Needed Olive Oil, for frying
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
3-4 oz Semi Dried Tomatoes
TT S/Wh. Pepper
1. Sauté onion in frying pan for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to saute. Season with salt and white pepper, remove and cool slightly.
2. Combine ToFu, garlic and basil in food processor then transfer to a nonreactive bowl and mix in the onions, breadcrumbs, egg, vinegar and Sriracha sauce.
3. Finely grate the ToFu cheese in bowl and fold in with rubber spatula.
4. Refrigerate for about a half hour. Remove and form patties to desired size.
5. Coat in excess bread crumbs.
6. Coat bottom of pan in oil and fry patties for about 5 minutes on either side.
7. Dress rolls with mayo, died tomatoes, lettuce, bib, sriracha sauce ... what eva ya like.
Interesting History & Trivia: