VEGETABLE STOCK RECIPE #1
2 fl oz Vegetable Oil
2 # Mirepoix, small dice
8 oz. Leeks, whites and greens, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
4 oz. Fennel, small dice
2 oz. Turnip, diced
2 oz. Tomato, diced
8 fl oz Wine, white
1 gallon Water
1. Heat the oil in stock pot and sweat vegetables for about 10-15 minutes, until tender.
2. Deglaze with white wine and water. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Add sachet.
3. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour making sure to skim regularly.
4. Strain through cheese cloth lined china cap or chinois.
5. Cool and reserve for up to 2 weeks (better used in 1).
Interesting History & Trivia: