WHITE CHICKEN STOCK
15# Bones, chicken.
3 Gal Water, Cold
2 Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp. Thyme, Dried
1/2 tsp. Peppercorns, crushed
8 Parsley Stems
1. Wash bones and cut into 3-4 inch pieces.
2. Blanch bones in enough boiling water to cover and then some. Skim top to remove impurities and fully drain water. Refill stock put with bones (and meat if used) and cover with 3 gallons of cold water. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer.
3. Add the mirepoix and sachet to the simmering stock.
4. Continue to simmer over low flame for 6-8 hours (3-4 if only bones are being used) while skimming.
5. Strain through a cheesecloth and fine chinois. Cool in a nonreactive container submerged in running water being careful to not let any additional water drop into the cooling stock. Refrigerate.
Interesting History & Trivia: